Friday, September 5, 2014

Lesson 1 Part 3 Challenge

It's been 5 years since I really paid any attention to this blog, which I created for 23 Things. There was a lot of updating to do - some of the previous blogs I followed were no longer active; COSA's filters block the daily art feed I added; editing is a whole lot simpler. I changed the background to make it much sleeker and a lot easier to read - less middle school. Then I found that someone had posted a lot of, uh, let's say, links to adult sites as comments to the Harry Potter craft picture. There were a lot of posts in Chinese. Did you know that Blogger can translate? It can! I added a friend's blog. She is very good about keeping pretty up-to-date with her posts and I can keep up with what is going on in her life by reading her blog. I get notifications in my email when she updates, so I don't have to hunt for anything. I added her to my list of blogs I follow so maybe now it was be even easier. Just comparing my experiences from 5 years ago to updating the blog today it is mind boggling to see how much has changed technology-wise in those few years.
Social media are a catalyst for the advancement of everyone's rights. It's where we're reminded that we're all human and all equal. It's where people can find and fight for a cause, global or local, popular or specialized, even when there are hundreds of miles between them. -- Queen Rania of Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment