Monday, January 26, 2009

Google Docs - Thing 18

As a library committee member who was responsible for preparing a proposal, I can relate to the fictional Sam in the intro video. I would mail out a draft and my fellow committee members would make changes, additions, suggestions, etc. I would get back four or five revisions over a period of a few days and I had to correlate all those revisions. Google Docs would have made the process much simpler.

This is something I will keep in mind for future use.

As one of the now legions who attended library school online WebCT served a similar purpose for the composition of group projects. It is nice to see something that will serve the non-academic community.

This will also be a great tool to share with patrons who need to type up a resume and "store" it online. If you copy and paste into an email account you can lose formatting and if you save as an attachment you have to have the supporting software on the next computer.

As a matter of fact I wrote this post as a sample Google Doc and copied it over to my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment